Thursday, November 12, 2009

Utah Wedding Cakes -- Shells and Pearls

























Remember this cake? This was the very first wedding cake I ever made. When we had our consult the bride brought me a picture of a beautiful Martha Stewart cake and I was scared to death just hoping I would be able to pull it off. Looking back now it's so funny to think about how stressed I was with every single detail and how many hours I spent rolling out each individual pearl by hand. Soon after I learned that they make molds that can make a string of pearls just like those!
Each square cake is covered in ivory fondant and has hand made pearls and chocolate shells. Then the cakes are sprinkled with sanding sugar to resemble real sand. I'll never forget how brave this bride was trusting her wedding cake to a beginning decorator. Thank you Kristine for believing in me and giving me a chance! I was beyond excited when we got it all set up and it turned out so beautifully and the bride loved it. This really is the best job ever.

1 comment: